It is so weird to look back and count the number of times that I have posted/blogged/tweeted about leaving Idaho. Throughout my entire first semester of school I must have done it like 45 million times. And goodness knows I traveled a ton when Tom and I were dating. Hopefully, this will be the last traveling I do for a while. (A long while!!!)
Betsy and Abbie have been here visiting with Laura and Grace for the past few days. I think Abbie has really enjoyed being around all of her little cousins, and its obvious that they definitely love her! They all love to play together, and I think it is pretty much safe to say that they will miss each other when we leave tomorrow! We are planning on leaving sometime in the night tomorrow- our plan keeps changing-and driving all the way to Higginsville Missouri on the first say. (18ish hours I think..) My doctor here told me a lot of things that I can/need to do to make sure that I keep regular blood flow while traveling for so many hours- so I am not really worried about getting blood clots. Which include getting up and walking every two to three hours for 10-15 minutes. I hope I am able to do that and keep Betsy, Meme, and Abbie from strangling me because I keep holding us up!!
Switching topic, I had my 24 weeks appointment this week! My baby is 24 weeks old!! John Junior has a healthy heart rate, and I am pretty sure he is a future athlete because he is always running laps in my tummy! I don't mind it though, I like for Tommy to be able to feel him kicking AND I like to feel like I know John Junior is okay. Kicking is comforting, in a weird completely-opposite-than-comfy-kind of way. I have really started to want spicy things real bad. I haven't gotten to buy stuff to make anything spicy because we are leaving and I don't want it to go to waste, but a couple weeks ago I bought some flamin' hot cheetos at a gas station and I was in heaven! Harrison wanted to eat one even though I tried to explain to him that they were really super hot! You can imagine how that ended.....
Although I am happy to be leaving Idaho, I am so grateful for the opportunity that Tommy and I have had to attend cheap school here. And to be completely away from both of our families for a while. A lot of really good things have happened to us, we got engaged here for crying out loud! I spent Thanksgiving with Tommy and some of his family (and Steve) in Driggs Idaho last year. Tommy came to my room early in the morning one day. Like so early that I hadn't fixed my hair or changed out of my pink checkerboard plaid pajama pants! He did it for privacy.. :) And he made me hot chocolate (in superhero mugs that we bought together on one of our dates) and took me outside to this porch swing. Of course it was freezing, so he had brought out all of these blankets, one of which belonged to the cabin and was pretty much a bear skin. He told me all the reasons why he loved me, and walked over to a Christmas tree that was growing right off the deck and took off a Christmas Ornament with a ring inside!! I hadn't even seen the ornament before he took it off the tree- I was so nervous! He told me afterwards that he doesn't even think he slept at all that night, and that he was extremely nervous!!! How cute is he!!
The thing I love most about mine and Tommy's relationship is that we still have butterflies after almost 8 months! He still is always trying to do sweet things for me. Just last week I was having a pregnancy breakdown. Where you aren't even sad about anything, you just have two people's worth of emotions in you and you just need to cry!! Tommy felt really bad for me and he said that we needed a date. Which caught me a little of guard because we are supposed to be saving every scrap of money we have! But he was right, it was exactly what I needed. That night we even got dressed nice and went on a REAL date to Frontier Pies where we even got STEAKS. Oh yeah, living wild. It may seem like something small, but it made my whole day and made me feel so much better. I just love him!!!
We are so thankful to have you in our family!!!!
ReplyDelete